Career Options in Graphic Design
The job of a graphic designer is a blend of art and technology. There is a vast arena of choices for a graphic designer. Design is the crux in this industry. Since media has become an inseparable part of our lives, jobs for designers also gained an ever hopping momentum.The different career options in graphic design includes designers, art directors, layout artists, technical illustrators, photographers, press technicians and so on. Let us see what each of them caters to:
Designer - Designers itself falls into different categories depending on the nature of their work. They are:
- Logo Designer - A Logo Designer designs the logo for an organization or a company or a product or a service. The Logo itself represents the organization.
- Flash Designer - Flash is the latest technology used in web design. A Flash Designer will design web applications using this. There is much scope in this technology and many beginners and experienced professionals are learning ways to master it.
- Multimedia Designer - For execution of projects in film production, sets designs, television, animation or any other multimedia projects.
- Web Designer – Develops the websites, web pages, its layouts and graphics.
- Brand Identity Designer - Deals with the various visual aspects of an organization or a company.
Art Director or Creative Director
They are responsible for leading a team which works for magazines or billboards or any products. They create any artwork that can be found in magazines or television.
Designs layouts, texts and images for print media.
Creates two-dimensional or three-dimensional images, storyboard sketches and so on for animations, television commercials, movies and computer games.
The easiest and the best way to grab a job in this industry would be to have the right training at a graphic design school or college that offers a graphic design degree. The State of California offers the best programs on Graphic Design, https://knoji.com/best-graphic-design-programs-in-california/
Statistics shows that California is the state where graphic designers gets the highest pay and there is ample job opportunities around San Francisco, Santa Ana, and Oakland areas. Top brand companies that hire graphic designers in California, LA areas includes Apple, Pitney Bowes, Attik, Brand Engine, Deutsch Design SF, Disney, DreamWorks ,Sullivan and Company, The Arnell Group and so on.
Since California is one such state ideal for career in graphic design, moving towards San Francisco and Los Angeles would definitely be a smart choice for aspiring designers.
Read more about Graphic Design at https://knoji.com/introduction-to-graphic-design/